Investing Together for a Healthy Future: details of the Gavi vision and investment opportunity for 2016-2020
Renewed investment from donors, together with co-financing from recipient countries and support from vaccine manufacturers, will help immunise an additional 300 million children from 2016-2020.
This will result in 5-6 million lives saved and economic benefits of US$ 80-100 billion.
- For full details of the Gavi investment opportunity, download the prospectus here | [French].
- An Executive Summary of the document is available here | [French].
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance 2016-2020. An additional US$ 7.5 billion over 5 years will:
- immunise 300 million additional children, resulting in:
- 5-6 million lives saved
- fully protected children increase from 5% to 50%
- economic benefits total $80 to $100 billion
- protect past investments and pave the way to sustainability:
- All countries co-financing
- 22 graduated countries
- strengthened health systems
- transformed vaccine market